Marketing Technical Writer
Marketing Technical Writer
Stillwater (www.stillwater.life) is a food company bringing safe and standardized soluble cannabinoids to consumers and manufacturers alike. We believe that cannabinoids, especially non-psychoactive compounds like CBD, will soon become a major new category of functional food and beverage ingredients to rival probiotics. The company was founded in 2014 when our CEO’s grandmother asked him to get her a pot brownie. Realizing that grandma cared more about feeling better than getting stoned, our founders set out to develop functional cannabinoid-infused food and beverage products that alleviated the aches and anxieties of everyday life without tipping people into unwanted intoxication or forcing them to self-identify as “drug users.”
Five years later, our company encompasses three distinct business lines: (1) direct-to-consumer sales of THC-infused edibles in Colorado; (2) business-to-business sales of soluble hemp-derived CBD ingredients to food, beverage, and cosmetic manufacturers; and (3) direct-to-consumer sales of hemp-derived CBD-infused products nationwide.
About the Job
We are looking for a Marketing Technical Writer to embody our culture and brand, and translate that via the written word across our different business lines. You will be taking the words of experts in the soluble cannabinoid space and making them contextually relevant for each intended audience, whether it be other food scientists or general consumers. In this job you will have the opportunity to write super duper technical documents, as well as fun, quippy marketing materials. You will work for our small but nimble marketing team, while also working closely with our teams of scientists and manufacturing professionals to build the best possible content across our organization.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Writing, reviewing, researching, and editing content for multiple channels, including blogs, social media, email campaigns, white papers, and print collateral.
• Analyzing and editing all current documents to maintain continuity of style.
• Working closely with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the science, product, or campaign, and the documentation requirements.
• Producing high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
What we’ll love about you:
• Writing is your jam; you know that when you get your words on the page that they are the best representation of whatever subject it is you’re covering.
• You have an ability to turn complicated ideas into easily digestible content.
• You like getting to the point, but you also can appreciate flowery language from time to time.
• You like working closely with others and framing their ideas in the best possible light.
• You are constantly learning new things, and you like it.
• You are a team player. We’re all in this together.
What you’ll love about us:
• A fast-growing company with a deep belief in the value of developing talent internally from within.
• A group of sane, mostly rational executives who try their best to be decent human beings.
• An environment where fire drills are the exception, not the norm.
• We offer flexible PTO for all full-time employees, including vacation, sick days, and wellness days.
• We pay competitive salaries for all roles. For full-time employees, we also cover 100% of your healthcare premium.
• For more details on the culture we foster, visit: http://bit.ly/2F5zhPt
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, or a related field preferred, but we realize degrees aren’t everything.
• Proven experience in a technical or other writing position, 5+ years preferred
• Excellent with Google Suites products and MS Office suite
Think you’re our new Marketing Technical Writer? Email a cover letter, resume, and writing portfolio to email@example.com.